Lihou Island Crucifix. 16th century AD. The bronze original was found by F>C> Lukis, a noted antiquarian, during his excavations of the priory in 1838. Lihou Island, connected to Guernsey by an ancient causeway, is the smallest inhabited Channel Island. Lihou Priory, now in ruins, flourished from mid-12th to mid-16th century, as a daughter house of the Abbey of Mont St. Michel in France. Guernsey Museum, Channel Islands. H86 Solid sterling silver, supplied on a 20" silver chain.